Overall purpose of the role:
This post will support the Regional Manager in increasing the number of international students in the region by supporting activity in nominated target markets.
The role will also play an important role in the development and delivery of marketing and recruitment activity to address strategic objectives, and specifically, meet enrolment targets.
This post will support the Regional Manager in identifying and building partnerships with institutions within the region as part of the overall recruitment strategy.
The post holder will assist in the development of marketing and recruitment strategies for the market and conversion activity to achieve institutional recruitment targets.
The post holder will assist in raising the profile of DMU in the region and in delivering wider internationalisation activity
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Regional Manager:
• Implement a marketing and recruitment strategy for overseas recruitment and assist in the delivery of market entry strategies for new markets where appropriate.
• Provide effective briefing to DMU colleagues undertaking travel for marketing and recruitment purposes.
• Give professional advice and guidance relating to DMU activity in specific target markets within the region.
• Deliver marketing activity in countries to drive objectives and contribute to the delivery of regional targets set by the Regional Manager.
• Coordinate and undertake recruitment and promotional visits overseas throughout the year under the guidance of the Regional Manager.
• Play a supporting role in the region’s activity – assisting and deputising for the Regional Manager as required.
• Provide expert information, advice and guidance to potential students and their parents about the benefits of study at DMU by attendance at exhibitions, briefing and training education agents, conducting student interviews and offer making as agreed by faculties.
• Provide regular reporting on performance compared to target.
• Provide market insight to assist in the compilation of monthly activity reports.
• Implement marketing campaigns in the region under the guidance of the Regional Manager to develop overseas activity.
• Ensure appropriate and prompt follow up action is taken after overseas visits including follow up of enquiries, post event/analysis/written reports and analysis to support conversion and future planning.
• To liaise closely with the conversion officer to ensure a co-ordinated approach and excellent customer service.
• Develop innovative and creative ways to promote DMU in the region.
• Support in the delivery of activity in non-target markets.
• Manage casework and/or coordination of small projects & deliver to budget and quality requirements.
• Develop and manage good working relationships with key influencers/ stakeholders including British Council offices, agencies and other appropriate organisations in the region and ensure they receive regular promotional materials, training and information about the university.
• Work with the Communications Directorate to achieve regular media coverage in the region.
• Contribute to the development of relevant country pages of the International website to ensure content is up to date.
• Contribute to the development of country-specific collateral including the collation and exploitation of case studies.
• Help produce regular reports on agent performance and verify payment of commission to agents annually post-enrolment.
• Ensure the profile of DMU is always high in agent offices, through regular and comprehensive agent briefings, display materials, etc.
• Support the regular briefing of agents in country and compile relevant information for regular mailing to agents advising them of new courses, campus developments, etc.
• Under the direction of the Regional Manager:
• Further build and strengthen links with existing partners and identify any potential new areas for growth.
• Effectively negotiate with commercial partners to serve optimum outcomes for the university.
• Work in partnership with DMU’s pathway provider to maximise opportunities and share market intelligence.
• Liaise and support university faculties and colleagues regarding potential opportunities with new and existing partner institutions and to include student exchange and #DMUglobal.
• Ensure appropriate and prompt follow up action is taken place after overseas visits including analysis to support conversion and future planning.
• Identify opportunities for international income generation outside of FTE student recruitment – e.g. collaborative provision or research.
• Ensure all activity takes place within assigned regional budgets.
• Represent DMU according to the policies and guidelines set by the university.
• As directed by the Regional Manager, undertake market research and disseminate market intelligence to produce country and market analysis including monitoring competitor activity.
• Coach and mentor more junior colleagues, developing their capability such that each is fully able to contribute at the highest level – e.g. student ambassadors.
• Develop and propose international recruitment student policy ideas that represent leading edge practice for the university such that the Regional Manager has available all the information needed to make a decision.
• There is an expectation that the post-holder will spend considerable periods of time in-region (up to 15 weeks a year).
• Perform any other duties commensurate with the job grade as reasonably required from time to time.
• Treat all DMU staff, students, contractors and visitors with dignity and respect. Provide a service that complies with the Equality Act 2010, eliminating unlawful discrimination, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations with particular attention to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief (or none), sex and sexual orientation.
Post Title: Country Manager (Nigeria)
Salary Scale: On appointment
Department: International Recruitment
Contract: One year fixed-term, with extension option
Location: UKEAS office, Abuja office
Responsible to: International Officer and UKEAS Country Management
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th October
Interviews are expected to be held: Two weeks after the closing date
Expected start date: 4th November 2019
Send all applications to email@example.com Attach your cv and cover letter into one PDF document.
Overall purpose of the role: