About Durham University
Durham University is a world-class university in two locations: in the city of Durham and at our Queens Campus in Stockton. In both locations the University is engaged in:
* high-quality teaching and learning
* advanced research and partnership with business
* regional and community partnerships and initiatives
* services for conferences, events and visitor accommodation.
The University is collegiate, with colleges providing residential, social and welfare facilities for their student members, and creating a sense of community for staff and students together. Its academic teaching and research programmes are delivered through departments contained within three faculties: Arts and Humanities, Science, and Social Sciences and Health.
* Durham has over 15,000 students (3,500 postgraduates and over 3,000 international students from over 120 countries)
* An annual turnover of GBP160 million
* Over 3,000 staff