About University of Southampton
Come as you are. Leave as you want to be.
University of Southampton students are part of a diverse and inclusive community driven by passion for excellence. A top 100 global university* with over 150 years of history, our world-leading academics support students to develop, learn and grow in a research-intensive, innovative environment. You’ll be encouraged to take advantage of a wide range of academic, social and employment opportunities during your time with us.
You’ll be able to develop critical thinking and independent learning skills essential for future leaders and decision makers. With personalised courses in 65 subject areas, over 300 student-run societies, award-winning careers advice, study abroad and paid work placements available - there is no limit to what remarkable students can achieve at the University of Southampton.
*QS World University Ranking 2021
Why the University of Southampton?
We are an exceptional place where people achieve remarkable things. Our mission? To change the world for the better. Renowned for our innovation and enterprise, our graduates are confident global citizens, equipped to make a positive contribution to the world.
• Founding member of the Russell Group and Worldwide Universities Network
• More than 24,500 students from over 135 countries
• 8th in the UK for ‘research intensity’, according to Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
• Top 15 UK university - The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
• Founding partner of SETsquared, ranked #1 university-based business incubator in the world by UBI Global with 27 spin-out companies since 2000
• Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Education and Research
• More than 150 international business partnerships for research and development including Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Microsoft, IBM and Phillips
• Year in Employment and internship opportunities available to students at all study levels
We are a multi-campus university with each campus forming a community of related subject areas, with study spaces, libraries, cafes and restaurants. UK-based study in either Southampton or Winchester. Both are student-friendly cities with plenty of green spaces, history and culture. Southampton is a friendly, safe and walkable city next to the sea. There's lots to do for students, including a great live music scene and international food and culture on your doorstep. Winchester is an historic city full of beautiful old buildings, 12 miles north of Southampton. With a strong sense of community and culture, this is where our Art and Design students study. Our cities are some of the safest in the UK, with the warmest UK weather and are well-connected to the rest of Europe.
Full list of available course areas:
University of Southampton Rankings
- Ranked 15th in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, with 1st place for Physiotherapy and 14 more subjects in the top 10.
- 17th in The Complete University Guide 2021, 1st for Physiotherapy with 14 additional subject areas in the top 10.
- 23rd in The Guardian University Guide 2021, with number one rankings for Civil Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering and 6 of our subject areas in the top 10.
- Top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2021, based on indicators such as research excellence and employability.
- Been awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF) for our quality teaching and learning.
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.